We are happy to announce Acumen’s Arie Veltenaar has joined the Chattanooga Zoo’s Board of Directors! The Zoo has been a cornerstone of the Chattanooga community since 1937, and for 80 years has been growing and transforming into the “The Best Little Zoo in America.” Arie is proud to be involved with the Chattanooga Zoo because of their desire to engage and inspire our community to better understand and preserve wildlife by creating meaningful connections between people and animals. She has loved taking her two young sons to the Zoo since they were born.
Banana Ball, the Zoo’s single largest fundraising event, will take place this Saturday, September 28th from 6:00-11:00 pm. All proceeds will support the Zoo’s mission of Reaching Great Heights to bring giraffes to Chattanooga. Guests are invited to take a walk on the wild side and enjoy musical entertainment, dancing, hors d’oeuvres, interactive animal encounters and much more! This year we welcome back renowned wildlife conservationist, Jack Hanna, as he shares some wild adventures & introduces us to his ambassador animals during a special presentation!
Reaching Great Heights African Expansion
- Multiple exhibits including giraffe and lion, supplemented by smaller African animal exhibits and mixed species holding areas.
- Multiple view opportunities per exhibit
- Commanding views of the new exhibits from the front entrance of the Zoo
- Stations for animal feedings and encounters for guests
- Areas for interactive education encounters, keeper talks, and small group presentations
- Special Event Plaza holding up to 300 guests
- Additional concessions building with catering accommodations
- Create an exhibit that will propel the Zoo to new levels as a leading destination in Chattanooga.
- Strengthen the Zoo’s business model and create opportunities for increased revenue.
- Further the Zoo’s conservation and education mission.
- Establish higher standards of exhibitory, animal viewing, and immersion.
- Integrate the new development into the overall guest experience.